On Saturday, July 15th, the Cranberry Lake Boat Club will sponsor the Cranberry Lake Cardboard Boat Race. It will take place at the Cranberry Lake public beach on Route 3.
The boat check in is at 12 – 12:30 PM, judging is from 12:30 to 1 PM and the race is at 1:00. There is no deadline to enter and entry fee is $30 per boat.
Categories are Child/Child, Adult/Child, or Adult/Adult. Child category is for 13 and under.
Each category winner will receive a medal for first place. There will also be medals for the best of show, most likely to float, and most likely to sink. All paddlers who participate will receive a T-shirt.
Start working on your boat!! All you need is cardboard, paint and duct tape. Click here to register and get more information.
There are three (3) entry categories, each consisting of two people:
- adult / adult
- adult / child (13 and under)
- child (13 and under) / child (13 and under)
- In order to place for a trophy during the boat races, both crew members must be in
their boat as they cross the finish line.
- Life jackets must be worn by all participants while racing.
- Participants must provide their own paddles and life jackets.
- A race number will be assigned to each team.
- All boats must be removed from the beach after the race is completed.
- Best in Show
- Most Likely to Float
- Titanic (Most likely to Sink)
- First Place Winner in each Category
Rules for Building an Eligible Boat
- Boats must be made of cardboard only- no metal, wood, or rigid foam (styrofoam or
- Builder may use glue, sealant, wax, duct tape, sonotubes and wax cardboard only – no
- No motors allowed
- Paddles may be of wood or plastic
- Boat name must be clearly visible on the boat